[ESIP-all] Data Operations Analyst position available at NSIDC
marilynk at nsidc.org
Fri Jun 11 12:02:14 EDT 2010
Support Earth science research at the National Snow and Ice Data Center
(NSIDC) of the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental
Sciences (CIRES) at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
As a member of the Data Operations team, the Data Operations Analyst is
responsible for managing and supporting NSIDC’s archive of satellite,
aircraft, and ground data. The team operates and automates numerous data
systems, including the NASA EOSDIS Core System (ECS), which supports
data from the NASA Terra, Aqua, and ICESat satellites.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems and associated editors.
- Experience with Perl or shell scripting, C programming, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with data management, mass storage systems, SAN, and/or
StorNext is desirable.
- Data management experience with digital data archives of remote
sensing or climate data is desirable.
A complete job description and application procedures are available at
See a full list of available NSIDC jobs at http://nsidc.org/about/jobs.html.
Marilyn Kaminski, Deputy DAAC Manager
National Snow & Ice Data Center
University of Colorado at Boulder
UCB 449, Boulder, CO 80309
ph (303)735-5408; fax (303)492-2468; email marilynk at nsidc.org
More information about the ESIP-all